A differenct approach to residential solar power

Really? Do you see the sun at night in the UK. Well, *you* probably do.

Reply to
krw

From what we hear about your current austerity program, your guys make our republicans look Keynesian.

Reply to
gfretwell

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government."

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

Attributed to Alexander Tyler

Reply to
gfretwell

Compared to other forms of government ? Not much permanence there

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

The Vatican? ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Good one.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

You could probably point to Feudalism which lasted close to 1000 years from the fall of the Romans to the rise of the Western Democracies and that is the supposed system Tyler would be referring to but I assume he may have also been thinking about the Romans.

Reply to
gfretwell

systems fitted

payment, it leases

Because you're going broke, moron.

Reply to
krw

Does the Vatican issue EBT cards?

Reply to
krw

The Roman Empire, a dictatorship with a thin veneer of oligarchy.

Reply to
gfretwell

We will be ruled by the 400 people who run the rest of the western world. To some extent we already are. They have hand picked 5 of the last 6 presidents.

Reply to
gfretwell