A clue-by-four for the folks of AHR

Page 2 of 3
On 2/14/2016 5:27 PM, Eagle wrote:

It has nothing to do with the thread. Folks can ignore a thread.
Rather, with her actions *within* the thread. Don't ACT like you're wanting to have a discussion when all you want to do is throw out endless questions without ever replying to those of others. Don't make claims without being willing to back up those claims.
This sort of behavior is discourteous and disrespectful. If you want people to take the time -- show you the courtesy -- to respond to your questions, then you have an obligation to respond to theirs. Doing otherwise is trollish. "Look at me! Look at me! I have nothing worthwhile to say, but Look at me!"
Mr Magoo is yet another troll. If you reread his (and hers!) posts, you can see the pattern, without examining the actual *content*.
"Nothing to see here, folks. Move along..."
On 2/14/2016 6:34 PM, Don Y wrote:

I asked you WHY you joined in a discussion that you really didn't like the topic, and this is what you told me:
"I'm tired of all the holy rollers going unchallenged in their attempts to impose *their* delusions on my life and those around me. When you want to stick to your "clubhouse" (aka church/temple/etc.) and recite your chants to yourself, that's fine. Just don't leave the building! "
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Subject: Re: OT - more Trump Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:04:46 -0700
What kind of attitude is that??
YOUR behavior has been discourteous and disrespectful, in addition to being demanding.
--
Maggie

On 2/14/2016 8:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

I see someone who has strongly held beliefs, just like you do. I don't see any questions, nor do I see any claims made without backup.
Why don't you just address the issues, as raised, instead of spinning and attacking to move the conversation away in another direction?
On 2/15/2016 6:16 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

She wants to know what folks would consider "evidence" of the existence of "god". She wants to know who/what would be "qualified" to judge that evidence. She's willing to "argue" these points (by "argue", I mean "endlessly raise those as questions)
And, claims *she* has evidence that convinces *her* of the existence of (some) god.
Excellent! How FORTUNATE we are! We apparently have some "evidence" of the existence of (a) god. We have an indication of who/what would be qualified to judge that evidence. And, we even have the judge herself!
What a great opportunity to LEARN SOMETHING!
All we need to do is QUESTION that judge as to how she decided she was qualified to make that judgement; the nature of the evidence presented TO HER and how SHE evaluated that evidence!
Based on the ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS, *we* can decide - are her criteria for making those evidentiary decisions "sound" - is her judgement *consistent* with those stated criteria - is SHE competent to make that judgement (based on this EXAMPLE; if she can't apply HER criteria to the evidence, then she's a poor judge -- and, of what OTHER things, as well?) - do WE consider the evidence convincing (based on ANY criteria) regardless of HER ability to make that judgement
But, no, she'd rather move the "discussion" (jaw flapping) away from anything CONCRETE -- THAT WE COULD EVALUATE AND USE TO JUDGE *HER* CAPABILITIES (to judge evidence, to make a convincing argument, etc.) -- and continue on with still more questions...
discussion: (n) the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas
Deliberately avoiding a decision and not EXCHANGING ideas but, rather, painfully MILKING ideas from other participants, unable to contribute on her own.
Like a young child who only knows how to speak, but not to *reason*.
*She* fails to pass the Turing test. I'd not be surprised to find her next "nym" to be ELIZA -- definitely a propos. And, about as *interesting* as ELIZA (sort of like Tic-Tac-Toe... something most adults tire of VERY QUICKLY)
(sigh) She posts frequently so it hasn't taken long for my server to "learn" from my avoidance of her posts that I'm not interested in anything she has to say and, thus, save me from even *seeing* them. I wonder if any have ever actually been a.h.r related?
"Nothing to see, here, folks. Move along..."
On 2/15/2016 9:56 AM, Don Y wrote:

I can't argue with that.
On 2/15/2016 9:13 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
[Comments re: ELIZA's behavior]

(sigh)
"General troll behavior: disruptive forum posts; the posts are generally off-topic, or unnecessarily combative. Each contemporary popular website has its own sub-genre of troll
[disruptive? yes. off-topic? yes -- even off the off-topic topic!]
"Can be male or female, mostly males, including the popular 'gender bender' 44 yo man that acts like 14 yo girl
[gee, makes you wonder if "she's" really female, eh?]
"Female internet trolls, are far more scary then their male counterparts. Female trolls seem to better able to DELUDE THEMSELVES into believing that their behavior is not only accepted online but that the traits that they find so well received (THEY ARE NOT) will transfer well to real life. Usually ends badly.
On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 9:57:12 AM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

f "god".

some)

Many/some here would agree that if you are open to God's messages you will see them. It may be people who come into your life when you need an answer or something you ask for and are given. It would be pointless and the subje ct of ridicule to mention these personal messages...but they definitely hav e meaning that a person with a closed-mind would not be willing to accept.
On 2/15/2016 10:15 AM, bob_villain wrote:

It's difficult to accept something when nothing has been offered.
On 2/15/2016 9:56 AM, Don Y wrote:

Yes, I do.

Yes, I do.

If I don't know how people measure something, it won't do me or them any good to give them a recipe that I understand. We might as well be speaking different languages.
OTOH, if I know people use the metric system, I can respond by giving them a recipe in their language using metric measurements.
[...]
--
Maggie

On 2/15/2016 12:44 PM, Muggles wrote:

I'm just gonna BS on all that. The issue is simple, make a claim, provide backup. No more, no less. No need for questions or qualifiers.
Per Muggles:

Does anybody else think that the already-excellent entertainment value of the forthcoming election has just reached a new high?
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) pretended :

A three ring circus perhaps? lol
Per Eagle:

If ever there were a reason to live through the next couple years, this election cycle is *it*.... -)
--
Pete Cresswell

On 2/15/2016 9:13 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Unfortunately, that same reason would be the reason you'd want to NOT live through the years that FOLLOW! ;-) :<
Don Y brought next idea :

I might not since I'm no youngster. I might be moving on to the next level of existance when the don is prez. lol
On 2/15/2016 10:45 AM, Eagle wrote:

There are no guarantees wrt life expectancy.
SWMBO cites the ages of her parents as if it was some sort of "guarantee" as to how long *she* will live.
I laugh profoundly: did your parents share the same lifestyle that you did? did any of them die in a car accident or other "unnatural" manner? were foodstuffs prepared the same way? did they carry miniature microwave ovens on their persons?
"Past results are no indication of future performance" :>
We're waiting for our third friend to pass (in as many weeks). It's interesting to watch how folks approach this point in their life. Like most, I assume/hope it's "not soon". Yet, realize it's "sooner rather than later"!
The ever inquisitive aspect of my personality has me *aching* to sit down with one of these people and grill them on what they are feeling/thinking! But, I'm too chickenshit to actually do it! Afraid I would be intruding on something that is intensely personal -- for a very SELFISH reason (my own curiosity)!
(PeteCresswell) laid this down on his screen :

I don't know...this election season isn't much different from most of the other elections from the late 40's to date. The retoric spewed by all the candidates rings familiar so it's all up to the voters to decide who's BS is more tollerable.
Per Eagle:

Are you kidding? The prospect of the Office of the President of The United States becoming a reality TV show ?
Somebody said "Trump is to public service as professional wrestling is to sport."
A Trump/Palin ticket.... Every standup comic's wet dream come true ...... -)
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) pretended :

That's about it. A Trump in the oval office is a E ticket to Disneyland.
On 2/15/2016 8:26 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

O/` [raises hand]
--
Maggie