A clue-by-four for the folks of AHR

[Comments re: ELIZA's behavior]

(sigh)

"General troll behavior: disruptive forum posts; the posts are generally off-topic, or unnecessarily combative. Each contemporary popular website has its own sub-genre of troll

[disruptive? yes. off-topic? yes -- even off the off-topic topic!]

"Can be male or female, mostly males, including the popular 'gender bender' 44 yo man that acts like 14 yo girl

[gee, makes you wonder if "she's" really female, eh?]

"Female internet trolls, are far more scary then their male counterparts. Female trolls seem to better able to DELUDE THEMSELVES into believing that their behavior is not only accepted online but that the traits that they find so well received (THEY ARE NOT) will transfer well to real life. Usually ends badly.

Reply to
Don Y

(PeteCresswell) laid this down on his screen :

I don't know...this election season isn't much different from most of the other elections from the late 40's to date. The retoric spewed by all the candidates rings familiar so it's all up to the voters to decide who's BS is more tollerable.

Reply to
Eagle

I might not since I'm no youngster. I might be moving on to the next level of existance when the don is prez. lol

Reply to
Eagle

Per Eagle:

Are you kidding? The prospect of the Office of the President of The United States becoming a reality TV show ?

Somebody said "Trump is to public service as professional wrestling is to sport."

A Trump/Palin ticket.... Every standup comic's wet dream come true ...... -)

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

There are no guarantees wrt life expectancy.

SWMBO cites the ages of her parents as if it was some sort of "guarantee" as to how long *she* will live.

I laugh profoundly: did your parents share the same lifestyle that you did? did any of them die in a car accident or other "unnatural" manner? were foodstuffs prepared the same way? did they carry miniature microwave ovens on their persons?

"Past results are no indication of future performance" :>

We're waiting for our third friend to pass (in as many weeks). It's interesting to watch how folks approach this point in their life. Like most, I assume/hope it's "not soon". Yet, realize it's "sooner rather than later"!

The ever inquisitive aspect of my personality has me *aching* to sit down with one of these people and grill them on what they are feeling/thinking! But, I'm too chickenshit to actually do it! Afraid I would be intruding on something that is intensely personal -- for a very SELFISH reason (my own curiosity)!

Reply to
Don Y

It's difficult to accept something when nothing has been offered.

Reply to
SeaNymph

Yes, I do.

Yes, I do.

If I don't know how people measure something, it won't do me or them any good to give them a recipe that I understand. We might as well be speaking different languages.

OTOH, if I know people use the metric system, I can respond by giving them a recipe in their language using metric measurements.

[...]
Reply to
Muggles

O/` [raises hand]

Reply to
Muggles

I'm just gonna BS on all that. The issue is simple, make a claim, provide backup. No more, no less. No need for questions or qualifiers.

Reply to
SeaNymph

(PeteCresswell) pretended :

That's about it. A Trump in the oval office is a E ticket to Disneyland.

Reply to
Eagle

Black robe? Here is what you will need:

1) Hand-bound book made with an ominous-looking hand-lettered script on the front. Use
to tweak your imagination. Stain with suitable blood-coloured smudges. Build extra weight into the spine (i.e. using fishing sinkers) so that it will fall onto the floor when placed with less than half of its area over the edge of a table. 2) Old-style mechanical stopwatch. 3) Small 'freon'-style air horn. 4) Piece of blue chalk. 5) Empty cigarette lighter. (Empty of butane, but sparker still works.) 6) Magnet small enough to be 'palmed'. 7) Hand-made candle. It must be hand-made, because inside of it is a fairly large battery with some custom curcuitry, basically a magnetic reed switch, a relay, and a strip of fine gauge aluminum wire wrapped around the candle wick. You will probably need to make a few of these until you get it right, and practice so that when the candle is on a table, you can reliably cause a flame to light on the wick just by bringing a magnet close to the base underneath the table. Get a cloth or leather bag to hold all of the above. 8) Yeah, sure. A black robe and pointy hat wouldn't hurt.

They always work in pairs, usually an 'elder' and a young pup who is trying to earn brownie points because he's after the foxy daughter of one of the church elders. A bit of 'acting' is called for. Here is the general script:

Pup: Good morning. Have you heard the good news?

You: "Oh, you two must be . I've been looking forward to your visit. Please come in." Have them sit down at a small table. Go to your coat rack and clumsily don the robe and hat. All your other props are in the cloth or leather bag which had been hidden under the robe.

You need to be a bit clumsy without overdoing it. Take the items from the bag one at a time to build suspicion and worry as they try to guess what the next item will be. Start with the stopwatch and blue chalk. Just place them onto the table. When you remove the freon horn, hand it to the pup, and tell him that he can be the 'safety'.

Hopefully, one of them will ask what he needs to do. (Well, we all want to be safe, right?) Here's where your acting skills will be put to the test. Look him straight in the eye, and solemnnly say: "Oh, don't worry. You'll know when to use it."

Now, you need to start talking non-stop so thay cannot take control of the interaction. Talk about the weather, sports, or, things not requiring a response. Give the lighter to the elder or place it on table next to him if he does not take it. Place the candle in the centre of the table.

The last time you reach into the bag, palm the magnet and pick up the book by its weighted spine. Toss the bag away (not onto the table), and place the book onto the table with the weighted spine overhanging the edge. If you practice this ahead of time, you should be able to ensure that the book falls to the floor without making it obvious that you wanted it to fall.

As you bend down to pick up the book, ask the elder to please light the candle. Most likely he'll be a bit too freaked out, but just in case he does try, the lighter is not capable of making a flame.

And while you're under the table picking up the book with your free hand, with the other hand pass the magnet close to the candle so that it ignites. When you stand again, just thank him and pocket the lighter as if he had just lit the candle normally. This gives also you a chance to pocket the magnet simultaneously.

Next in a pre-practised flurry, draw a pentagram in chalk around the candle, pocket the chalk, sit down, open the book to the last page, start the stopwatch, and pull a pen out of your pocket. Tell them "We should be getting some sort of a sign pretty soon".

Of course, you will need to improvise. Chant a few bars of minor melodics, make like you want to hold hands, etc.

If you're really lucky, Junior will sound the horn. When that happens, or when one of them stands up, stop the watch, write down something in the book, close the book, and tell them that they just set a new record.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

HILLERY FOR PREZIDENTAL! BRING ON THE END OF IT ALL!

Reply to
Eagle