A Cat Repellent That Works!!!

Page 2 of 2

digitalmaster wrote:

Some nice links though.
pellet works best
simbajim wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Hmmm. Pellets sound good. I am ready to try everything.
for spamming newsgroups in violation of your ISP terms of service. You should be hearing from them soon.
Have a nice day.

Hey Steve:
I don't know what makes you look more stupid - thinking that the original post was spam, it wasn't, or that thinking that people in these groups post with legit contact/ISP info in their posts.
Either way your a fucking idiot. Sell your computer and go for a walk ...
snipped-for-privacy@D.realm wrote:

I have never heard of any ISP that would respond to a complaint issued on a personal level. I think they have much more to worry about. You can't even get decent tech support unless you have an Indian dictionary handy and they are about to spend money responding to small time complaints.

But, gee whiz, GeeWhizzer. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy to do this. I seriously doubt that it has a lot of effect, either, but I have seen accounts closed, and spammers driven away from newsgroups for this. There are even some newsgroups that are so notorious for reporting spammers, and figuring out their paths that spammers actually avoid these groups.
This gives more space to talk about the topic of the group. You DO remember the topic, don't you? And it's not ranting in obscene adolescent prattle.
Wassamatta? On track break again? Mommie went on the stroll and left you home again? Call CPS this time. Now go buy some Clearasil and get to work on those zits!
Steve
simbajim wrote:

About two years ago, a Wisconsin state legislator proposed an "open season" on feral cats. Anyone with a hunting license could pop as many as they wanted.
Shortly after that proposal, I ran into R. Lee Ermey ("Mail Call" host, movie star), [ http://www.rleeermey.com/ ]
signing autographs at a convention. I explained the Wisconsin proposal and then went on:
"So, Lee, I'm putting together a tape of celebrity 'cat-calls.' Would you be interested in saying 'Here, kitty-kitty!' for the tape?"
He looked up from his autographing and said: "That is the MOST fucked-up idea I have ever heard!"
If Ermey thinks it's a bad idea to harrass kitties, maybe you should re-think your plan?

Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.
I have my browser set not to allow spam sites.

Maybe the site was killed when certain people reported them spamming newsgroups.
hehe
Steve B wrote:

One reason I don't think this is a spam message is because it is so screwed that the link is not even entered in correctly. It is this: http://www.catrepellent.org and I have visited it and it looks like a nice link. Some people do actually try to be nice and pass things along that pertain to a particular group. There are many other posts to this group that are obviously advertisements.
Bob