A/C window unit: compressor or not?

Sounds like organizational mentality. If it isn't working, do it harder. FAster. Longer.

Sorry to hear your work got a bunch of bent fins.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Am I speaking Chinese?

The fan runs continually, but the cool air (compressor kicks on) comes and goes, every six minutes. There is no "room is cool enough" because half the time, it's recycling air that is at 90 degrees.

Or maybe 90 degrees is "cool enough" for you. It's not for me.

Reply to
Carol

5,000-btuh is all you would need for the bedroom. However, I cool 920-sq. ft. first floor (older home) with my 6,000-btuh Whirlpool Quiet Partner (very quiet) with Remote Electronic controls. It's a world beater, and I love it! Consider it!

udarrell

I shouldn't have said "by YOUR own description" since I was replying to udarrell. I lost track of which poster I was replying to. So instead: It's running continually now, by the OP's own description. One wants it to run continuously, at least until the room is cool enough.

The distinction is in the dictionary:

Easy way to remember: the "al" in interval is also in continual.

If it were running continuously, since the output air is cool, I think eventually the room will get cool enough. Arigato.

Reply to
mm

Also, it occurs to me: Isn't the missing filter placed to filter the air just before it comes out? That is, it doesn't have anything to do with keeping the crud from collecting on the fins??

I don't remember for sure.

Reply to
mm

The filter goes on the intake portion, just ahead of the fins on the coil. If you have to cut a replacement foam filter, you can even lay it right on the fins.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Stormin Mormon posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

And that where? Oh, the back seat of the Pinto wagon, right next to the used parts.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Carol posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Why don't you buy it for yourself?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Carol posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Explain a little more.

Reply to
Tekkie®

OK. Nevermind.