A?C problem?????

Page 4 of 4

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

[...]

Again, boring.

I know you are but what am I?
Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

There is a drain pan under the evaporator coil. Most likely the drain line is plugged. Clean it out and pour a little bleach in there to get rid of any mold spores. Not too much as you don't want bleach fumes circulating around the house either.

The problem is that you have an A?C. See how much it will cost to get an AC.

Definitely most likely, but I had one that wasn't plugged and still didn't work. But mine didn't work right from the day I bought the house, I think, and the op's probably did.

But is this why it doesn't cool right?
Clean the condensate draintray and line. HAVE A REALLY NICE DAY

As others have mentioned the drain for runoff condensate is the first thing to check.
It may also be worth verifying your coil isn't freezing up while yer at it. That can cause melt in in places the drain isn't exactly expecting. Failing to change air filters can lead to airflow constriction and suddenly you form a sheet of ice on your coil that eventually melts somewhere. Refrigerant level issues can also lead to freezeups.
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://toddh.net /
Bill wrote:

There are all kinds of devices that will alert you that there is a problem with overflow of water. Ask your HVAC service technician and he will be able to fill you in. The devices are after you find the reason of why you are getting water on the floor.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Eric in North TX wrote:

That is so true but if the condensate pans is dirty and the homeowner can not clean the pan the problem will come back again soon.
A couple of years ago a condensate pan pad that contained some sort of insecticide that really did the job of killing the algae and all for the whole summer. The only problem was you could not use when it was found that the homeless were filling a container to drink form. They would fill the container with the cold condensate water and would get sick.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Christopher A. Young
(Using backup computer. In a couple

The water is most likely condesate. That's water that has condensed on the cooling coil. The coil is supposed to condense moisture out of the air when the system is running, but it isn't supposed to drip it onto the floor, instead the water is supposed to run into a drip tray and then outside through a condensate pipe (drain line).
There are several possible causes for water to drip from the unit instead of running out through the condensate line. My best idea is for you to call an hvac company out to correct the problem.