A?C problem?????

It has been hot here and my ac has run pretty much non-stop for the last month. Last night I found a puddle of water that came out from under or behind the furnace and when the ac finally shuts off during the night and the furnace blower shuts off the water quits. any ideas.

thanx bill

Reply to
Bill

There's a problem with your HVAC unit, that can be diagnosed/repaired by calling your local HVAC company?

Reply to
<kjpro

There is a drain pan under the evaporator coil. Most likely the drain line is plugged. Clean it out and pour a little bleach in there to get rid of any mold spores. Not too much as you don&#39;t want bleach fumes circulating around the house either.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Clean the condensate draintray and line. HAVE A REALLY NICE DAY

Reply to
Telstra

The problem is that you have an A?C. See how much it will cost to get an AC.

Definitely most likely, but I had one that wasn&#39;t plugged and still didn&#39;t work. But mine didn&#39;t work right from the day I bought the house, I think, and the op&#39;s probably did.

But is this why it doesn&#39;t cool right?

Reply to
mm

As others have mentioned the drain for runoff condensate is the first thing to check.

It may also be worth verifying your coil isn&#39;t freezing up while yer at it. That can cause melt in in places the drain isn&#39;t exactly expecting. Failing to change air filters can lead to airflow constriction and suddenly you form a sheet of ice on your coil that eventually melts somewhere. Refrigerant level issues can also lead to freezeups.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

There are all kinds of devices that will alert you that there is a problem with overflow of water. Ask your HVAC service technician and he will be able to fill you in. The devices are after you find the reason of why you are getting water on the floor.

Reply to
Moe Jones

If your drain pan discharges to the outside of the house you can do a quick fix with a wet/dry vac. Just find the drain, put the vac hose over the outlet & press hard enough to get a seal and vac till it runs freely.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

wrote in news:b71c4$46cf8f27$9440c41e$12509 @STARBAND.NET:

Can&#39;t recognize a simple condensate problem? Pretty incompetent for someone who calls themselves a pro and belittles others...

Reply to
Clark

Says who, your incompetent ass?

I could fix the issue, unlike yourself. However, I don&#39;t have my crystal ball in order to know the OP&#39;s capabilities. Most of the time, if one has to ask, they are not able to handle the task, Moron!

Reply to
<kjpro

That is so true but if the condensate pans is dirty and the homeowner can not clean the pan the problem will come back again soon.

A couple of years ago a condensate pan pad that contained some sort of insecticide that really did the job of killing the algae and all for the whole summer. The only problem was you could not use when it was found that the homeless were filling a container to drink form. They would fill the container with the cold condensate water and would get sick.

Reply to
Moe Jones

No, most of the time, if a person can ask the right question, they can handle the right answer. Most HVAC technicians can&#39;t tell the difference between a poundal and a Newton anyway.

Reply to
HeyBub

That&#39;s just silly (and rude). Just because somebody hasn&#39;t encountered a particular problem before doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re incapable of fixing it if instructed how.

Besides, if your assertion were true, why would you bother visiting alt.home.repair? Just to be an ass? (Apparently.)

Reply to
CJT

He was too polite for alt.hvac. They asked him to take his civility elsewhere.

Reply to
HeyBub

Just because they might be able to handle the right answer, that doesn&#39;t qualify them as competent or able to perform the task.

Reply to
<kjpro

Sometimes the truth can be rude, but that doesn&#39;t make it any less true.

Reply to
<kjpro

Nobody has asked me to leave alt.hvac, Asshole!

Reply to
<kjpro

Everything is relative, I guess.

Reply to
CJT

In other words, you prefer rudeness to civility.

Reply to
CJT

In fact, I prefer correct statements instead of bullshit.

Reply to
<kjpro