Subject Author Posted Replies

Treatment for PT pine decking?
I'd appreciate suggestions for what to apply to the wood of my newly built deck after it dries in a few months. I know that the wood will turn gray eventually, and I'm fine with that - I'm not...
5
5

Govt owes preppers apology
That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists. This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about preppers vs sheeple and govt.- Christopher A. Young Learn more about...
13
13

What would happen if I just bypassed this garden water check valve?
This garden Wilkins Zurn water check valve is leaking: SMALL: can't understand HOW it works given that it's at the top of a hill. At that height above the house, no water is ever going to flow...
41
41

Snowblower Drive Question ?
Hi, Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or knowledge re this: Had a 20 yr old Ariens snowblower which I had to finally get rid of. Not their Professional series; just the typical homeowner...
6
6

Got a froe?
Unusual tools, including: Milwaukee Florescent Light tester Shingle froe Arbortech power chisel Adze Timber Scribe and a couple more.
7
7

Gasoline "additives": kerosene in gasoline?
Awl -- I recently became aware that fuel injector cleaner is basically kerosene..... !! It's also clear that alcohol is freely mixible in gasoline. In fact, indicates a wide variety of stuff in...
14
14

Newbie electrical circuit load Q
Hi all I have a Cadet style heater that is 1000 watts. It lives on a dedicated 15 amp 220V circuit. I want to install a second heater that is 750 watts. Ideally it would share the same circuit, as...
14
14

Donating to NYC
The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there a process to donate supplies, which will be given to needy folks, with minimum of theft, or diversion? I...
117
117

Microsoft Gun
How To Tell You Have a Microsoft Gun ============================= 1. Every 10 rounds or so, there's a blue flash and the gun won't work until you press the magazine catch and wait 10 minutes. 2. It...
2
2

Replacement Windows
Replacement Windows Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the Contractor who installed them. He was...

Survival kits made from Dollar Tree items
The folks in NYC would probably LOVE to have such a kit, now. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . Survival Kit Made From the Dollar Tree Store Survival kits can be fabricated from assortment...
4
4

Shane bugs out from Katrena
There was a fellow named Shane, who evacuated from New Orleans, ahead of Hurricane Katrina. He wrote a blog (which out there in the ether) about his experiences. His writing really changed my view....

shower oil like drip
There is a black light oil like drip coming out of my shower head. Before I remove the head for inspection: any ideas as to what this could be (aside from my private oil rig)? tia
7
7

North East Nor'easter
Passable roads depends on how much snow and exactly where you are located in NYC. Some streets are well cared for while others wait if a major snow storm.
7
7

Champion generator recall
Carburetor leak.