Subject Author Posted Replies

Washcloth down bathtub drain
So I had a plumber over to my condo unit (2nd floor) to fix a toilet issue (water spot on ceiling of unit below me). That night, no joke, a baby wash cloth went down our bathtub drain. I have tried...
21
21

Roof venting, ridge vent or power fan?
I'm getting a new roof which of course has lead into the age old discussion of how best to vent it. I've got 2 contractors saying ridge only is best, the other insisting that power fans are superior....
52
52

Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....
( RCM-ers.... skip down to the alum. plate section) (RW peeple -- stop whining..... yeah, I know, it's not wood, it's anti-wood, deal with it) Awl -- Since ahm fixin up m'shop, The Wife is REALLY...
173
173

"Measure once... and you may have to cut a bunch."
I got a new fridge (new for us), and am quite pleased. Unloaded it into the garage, cleaned the inside, and plugged it in. Runs like a champ. Now it's time to swap out the 25-year old machine for its...
4
4

This "Advanced Power Ultra" DAWN soap (new): Anyone try it? (Sticks on my hands)
I do a lot of shopping at Costco. Last time I went, I was out of Dawn soap. Instead of having the Dawn I was used to, they had this new stuff, Dawn ultra, Advanced Power, Overnight soaking power IN 5...
6
6

OT Online vendors want my phone number. DO NOT CALL?
It seems like more and more online vendors want my phone number, and they even make it a required field. Has anyone else noticed this? These are places that sell things for a dollar or 20, not 2000...
20
20

Oil canning (noisy ducts) in walls
Hello everyone. The ducts in my house make a loud booming noise when the heat turns on and again after it cools down. Sounds like someone is banging a metal trash can with a hammer. It's so loud that...
13
13

New Outdoor TV Installation
My buddy Eddy Bob Whisenant won a lottery and is gettin a new TV installed out at the trailer park and it's a big-un. ^_^ TDD http://bit.ly/porschedesignfans http://www.cseed.tv The video shows the C...

OT, The Heck With Tonka Toys
Why play with those little things when you get to play with the real thing? ^_^ TDD

OT New levels of surveilance
http://www.coolestone.com/media/5354/ARGUS---This-May-Blow-Your-Mind/

Need help identifying this metal
Actually, I don't need any help, because it was stolen from me. Why are we Americans cannibalizing our own country like this? ========================= February 19, 2013 5:25 PM NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)...
21
21

replacing clothes washer door bellow
Our clothes washer is 9+ years old and the door bellow (goes between the door and drum in a front-loading clothes washer) needs to be replaced. I found the part. Is this something that can be replaced...
9
9

Ot Bradley Manning
Been in jail for one thousand days now. Still no trial?
23
23

How to recycle old Reel to Reel tapes?
I'm getting rid of a few hundred old 7" reels of recording tape. Anyone have an idea how to do it outside of just throwing them out? I don't care about security, it's just old music. They are heavy...
16
16

So this is what passes for higher eduction these days?
Your american ways and customs are strange and frightening to us Canadians. Your collective descent into the toilet continues... ============================== Columbia professor strips down to...
8
8