Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Ping Dufas
This makes some entertaining reading. List of common misconceptions - Wikipedia
2
2

Cat urine smell
We had a tenant move out of our rental property. He had one kitten for mayb e the last 6 months of his occupancy. The basement totally reeks of cat pis s.. we went over the basement with a black light...
52
52

Most heat resistant counter top?
I like white Corian counters to work on. Corian doesn't win the heat resistance award. The cabinet box that will be alongside the range is 12-1/4" wide. I could give that section a stone countertop,...
43
43

The lying media, at it again
Just heard this outrageous lie on WABC the radio: U.S. to pay down debt -- first time since 2007 UPI/Roger L. Wollenberg Published: April 30, 2013 at 2:30 AM "WASHINGTON, April 30 (UPI) -- Washington...
6
6

Wet Vac
I was checking for a video that shows the inside of the filter. Mine seems to be degrading inside. I have only cleaned it once, today. It really doesn't have to much hard use. I have used it for a wet...
4
4

Cable TV cable: how (via VOM?) to tell if has signal or not?
We've recently rearranged room-use in the house. Where the tv now is, there is cable extension-cord supposedly bringing the signal from the cable in a nearby room. However, when attached (screwed...
13
13

A salt and battery
http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/A-salt-and-battery.jpeg
3
3

wet thread protectant
I work on equipment, where there is a valve cap that gets cold and wet. the threads tend to rust, and make it impossible to remove the valve cap. I've tried WD, PB Blaster (they rapidly evaporate) and...
13
13

tecumseh carb rebuilding
Just wrote this for another list, and it's too good to not share. ================== As to cleaning carb. I've done more with Tecumseh float carbs. They are fairly simple to clean. A couple tips: *...
1
1

Anyone here overhauled a framing nailer?
I finally received the overhaul kit for my Porter/Cable framing nailer. I sure didn't expect so many parts and "O" rings. Geez, I'll probably wind up just buying a new nailer....
4
4

Ossilating fan blade suddenly turns slow, smellin slightly burnt :(
Lasko fan isn't even 2yrs old, priciest one I've bought yet, suddenly struggling to rotate blade. Blade WILL turn, just very weakly & has noisier start than usual. Likely clogged with dust, did a...
5
5

Keeping ants off fruit trees/Bayer Boltac Grease Bands
I knew that I recalled a device for keeping ants off of fruit trees, but the person at Home Depot who knows everything about gardening (the old guy who used to work at a Japanese nursery) said there...
5
5

tile lipage eliminator idea
I have a small tiling job to do over the weekend - just 50 sqare feet - and I've been thinking about how to get the tiles nice and even with no "lippage" - without buying a relatively expensive tile...
7
7

Don't buy locks from a storage locker company
Or, I learned something today about padlocks. Backstory: I've had a storage locker for a while now, due to having more stuff than I have space. An ex-coworker is in the process of moving, and needs...
8
8

Pourable Mold Material
What material can I pour into a 1" x 1" x 1" mold (a cube without a lid) that will solidify into a rubber-type consistency? I need to make a part for a microphone that has not been manufactured in 50...
15
15