Subject Author Posted Replies

Compressor continuity?
Opened up a dehumidifier and seem to have a shorted compressor? There are three connector pins on the top of the compressor and I'm guessing that NONE of them should show any continuity to the case,...
16
16

CTU's Lewis rips Emanuel's 'elite' advisers
In the wake of recent school closings and teacher layoffs, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis took aim Tuesday at the two R?s of her education reform effort ? racism and revenue. Lewis,...

monitor num times it turns on - automatically shut off if too many in 10 minutes.
This is the situation, we live in the Caribbean renting a house. The non-po table water for the house is a cistern, w/water supplied by the local gover nment. The house has a pump that pushes water up...
28
28

Pre-Sale Home Inspection
I may be selling my home in the next year or so. I am therefore thinking of getting a home inspection report to see what needs to be fixed before putting the house on the market. Any pro cons to...
21
21

Bad voltage spikes
Where we live we have regular electrical outages due to a number of problems. Last night, however, we had a new experience. It must have been something like a voltage surge. it blew out a drive of...
45
45

OT caller-id
OT This afternoon I called someone I don't know. His phone message suggested my leaving a message, or my emailing him (and he gave his email address). The message I left said I would call him back in...
37
37

A Canadian couple who recently stumbled upon a skeleton is now saddled with a $5,000 bill
12
12

Suburban Water Service: Anybody Heard Of Failure?
We've been getting these insurance offers from the local water company to the effect that the service from the main to our house could fail at any time and that we should pay a few bucks per month to...
31
31

OT/ Canada Going Down the Tubes :)
Michael Applebaum, whose predecessor resigned under pressure, faces 14 charges linked to two real estate deals, police said during a morning news conference. Applebaum's arrest is the latest in a...
8
8

Wiring for multiple control [4 switches control one set of lights] light switch !!!
Ok Ok I know this is simple but it's irritating me beyond belief. Leviton light switches. In a dual box next to an outside door there are two light switches. One is the single control for a porch...
98
98

Opinons on AC brands Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse
Any opinions on these brands of Home AC systems? Rheem, Trane, Westinghouse? First estimate I got was for a Rheem system. He also gave me a comparison $$$ on a Westinghouse. Rheem 5 ton (15.5 seer)...
45
45

Deer eating hostas and plants - pls suggest repellent method?
Well, they're at it again this year. My newly grown hostas and planted flowers are just stems. I know the culprits 'cause I've seen thmn and photographed them and they all look guilty as sin. Yep,...
29
29

Air Conditioner Placement
We live in an old farmhouse with a boiler and radiator heating system. Air conditioning is done by window units except for the living room, which has a very old through-the-wall unit. As you can see...
6
6

Double hung vinyl window hard to raise
I've gone through the usual steps of cleaning the tracks and spiral springs, then lubricating them with a silicone spray, paying particular attention to the springs. Still too hard to raise from the...
4
4

Happy birthday
song/2423829/ "More than 120 years after the melody to which the simple lyrics of Happy Birthday to You is set was first published, defendant Warner/Chappell boldly, but wrongfully and unlawfully,...