Subject Author Posted Replies

NATO Gas Cans: Behavior In A Fire?
Has anybody actually been at a fire scene where 20-liter NATO gas cans were involved in the fire? No theories.... actual observed behavior. I'm thinking that they might behave significantly...
23
23

My computer is being hacked ! ! !
I got a phone call that my computer was being hacked. The nice man on the other end though, said he can help me fix it. I told him I was horrified and upset and suggested maybe we should call the...
37
37

312 yards from a top a horse with a .40!
Todd, No, more like 100 yds. Still 100yds with a pistol if he trains at that distance is a good shot. If he doesn't train at that distance it's a lucky shot. Dave M.
17
17

remote ctl interior wall mount thermostat?
nice unit. but still doesn't do it: "If you want the temperature to be 62 degrees at night in your bedroom and you put the PCC on the nightstand, that's what it is, not 62 in the hallway or living...
15
15

CFL and LED bulb recommendations
I know that Feit CFLs are crap. What about other brands of CFL, what has been your experience with their lifespan ? What about the LEDs ? How long have they lasted for you ? Thanks a lot, Andy
8
8

What is your experince with an aerobic septic retrofit?
I'm considering an aerobic septic kit to correct a poorly performing drain field. I'd like to hear from anyone that has experience with this. What was you experience?
2
2

Attaching towel bar to bathroom wall
Two obstacles to wallpapering my bathroom walls are the towel rack and toilet paper holder. Both appear to be glued to the walls, not just slid onto concealed metal attachments. I can probably get...
16
16

debating how to install an outdoor outlet (2023 Update)
I would like to install an outlet on the front of my house. I can do this a couple of ways. Since there is an outlet on the inside of the house opposite of where I want to place the outdoor one, I...
20
20

Do hologens dim with age?
I have an overhead halogen fixture in the home office. It uses one of those 300W double-ended halogen bulbs (118 mm). I've had the fixture for a many years and have replaced the bulb 2-3 times. I...
16
16

Heat tape, frozen pipes, alarms
This is a new issue for me. Daughter bought new home this summer, a two-story brick 4500 sq ft. Gas heat, two separate systems, with laundry and gas heater on second story. Washer and dryer on second...
17
17

hot water heating sstem question
I heat my home entirely with a wood stove which I built out of a 55 gallon drum. Standing behind the stove until just recently was a forty two gallon dull color flat grey (just plain old) galvanized...
9
9

What lasts longer than my fhumbnail.
I can't figure out what made them occur, but there are deposits on my bathroom sink, at different heights, no less. I've never let water sit in the sink, usually not at all, and in maybe 10 cases I...
9
9

OT, Help with gift ideas for wife
I have been married 20 years and feel like I have bought everything there I for Christmas presents. Does anyone out there have ay ideas for a good Christmas gift for my wife? I really appreciate it!
19
19

Fire Ants
I recently moved into a ranch house (no basement) built in 1999 about 10 miles north of Sarasota in Florida. The problem is fire ants. They aren't a gross infestation; maybe 25 a day before I started...
14
14

The Daring Dufas
What's the news? Hospital? Dead?