Subject Author Posted Replies

Unbalanced A.C. line
An electrician removed a defective breaker from a friend's house but he never returned. A year later she had me replace the breaker. (Evidently those outlets were not terribly critical.) I did a...
20
20

OT Passport expiration
Learn all the conjugations of chingar and you'll be okay.
22
22

Home appliance cost in hours
And paid 5% on passbook savings accounts. Try getting that today.
39
39

Lawn Tractor Engine Problem
My old lawn tractor, that I use to haul stuff around the farm, has suddenly started running irregularly. It starts right up, but runs in pulses, incre asing in RPM for about a second, then tapering...
6
6

Trying Out My Shiny New Screen Name
How do you fellers like it? Snuffy From... http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71BTxE30DbL
4
4

GFCI Circuit Curiosity
After battling a couple of GFCI circuit ocasionally over a few years, I discovered something interesting. If I put both GFCI breakers on one buses, they both stay on. If I put both on the other bus,...
8
8

Kenmore oven not keeping temperature
My kenmore oven is not keeping the correct temperature. For reference, its model number is 75321 and it is fitted to run on LP gas. It is about 15 y ears old. Upon looking into this, I found two...
14
14

Wood chisel tip protector
I looked for some plastic protectors to use on my wood chisels but could find none. Any ideas on how I can fabricate some ?
23
23

Any ideas to correct this
This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some area s, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I w as thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a...
5
5

OT: Sobriety test
Is it true that in America a cop will ask you to recite your alphabet backwards to test if you're drunk? I can't do that, not quickly and without a lot of thought anyway!
40
40

OT? -- Newsgroup Moderation Software/Programs
I try to never post any Off Topic (OT) messages here, but I decided to do so this time. What I am hoping to research and learn about is what type(s) of newsgroup moderation programs are out there in...
27
27

Painting fiberglass (framed) doors/windows
How practical is this? Can you *strip* paint from same? Or, do you just keep layering on each new color, etc.?
1
1

OT: Blade Runner theatrical cut on Netflix
This is the one I remember most from the 80's, and like most, where at the end they fly over mountains, trees, snow and he talks about her being special, not having a four year termination date. The...

OT Antique car shows
Read about a local antique car show in the newspaper yesterday. One model pictured was a VW beetle convertable like I had bought new and drove for several years. Does that make me an antique as well?
18
18

OT - Why Are Individual Jack Stands Marked With The Rating For The Pair (Venting)
Just venting... As far as I understand jack stand ratings, the stated capacity is "per pair" unless otherwise specifically stated. e.g. If I buy a set of jack stands rated at 3 tons, they are...
1
1