4P handset crimper

anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

dilbert firestorm

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 07/11/2011 01:16 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote: > anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper? > >

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

TDD

shipping costs is pretty high..... I've not seen this plastic tool in stores in my area (new orleans area) -- <---=««-Dilbert Firestorm-»»=---> Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

shipping costs is pretty high.....

I've not seen this plastic tool in stores in my area (new orleans area)

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

I've seen them in discount stores on the electrical goods aisle. Any hardware store, electronics distributor, electrical supply house should stock the darn things.

Home Depot, a little high price

Lowe's, very high price

Sears has a number of different priced crimp tools

Sears also has the $2.49 crimp tool

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Radio Shack? That is where I bought one. WW

Reply to
WW

I went to all those places, Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Radio shack, none of them had them in stock.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

thanx for the link. I made a purchase in spite of its high shipping.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Too late now, but Harbor Freight usually has them. Can't speak to the quality, but for only doing a few, durability probably isn't a major concern. I need so few cables these days that I usually just buy premade- my eyes don't see those itty-bitty wires so well any more.

Reply to
aemeijers

did that 4p4c issue get resolved?

Reply to