Subject Author Posted Replies

Bathroom Floor Question
I've been mulling this over since I had a portion of my bathroom floor replaced back in January. That was due to a leak that went undetected until it was too late. Bathroom plans are to do to a...
19
19

How cold should a regrigerator freezer get?
It all depends on where you live and what the charges are for your area.
11
11

Planned obsolescence
We have a couple of 20-year-old recliners, one of which needs new plastic bushings and drive shaft. But we have been told by the retailer that no parts are available for anything more than 7 years...
4
4

Shower safety grab bar
I would like to install safety grab bars in the tub/showers of the house I just bought. However I found that when I press on the side of shower wall, the plastic (fiberglass?) is about 3/8 inch away...
61
61

Gutter Guards
Any & all experience with using the sponge looking device that are placed in house gutters to keep debris out.

Home perimeter spray for ants
Let's hear some stories about what works. They only come inside when it get hot or when the yard is flooded for one reason or another. I picked up a gallon of Home Defense $5 special to try out....
17
17

Mini Split heat pump for basement
I live in northern area. 2 story house 1200 sq ft on main floor, 800 sq ft on 2nd floor basement is finished and about 1200 sq ft House is currently heated with electric baseboard heaters. We don't...
3
3

Ceiling Fan Decapitation - Can it happen?
From: Fan Decapitation posted: 04/11/12 As seen in "MythBusters: Ming Dynasty Astronaut" Explanation: While there's no record of anyone ever losing his head to a ceiling fan, fear of those whirling...

What is that sprayed Green Liquid with grass seed for lawns?
I've seen ads on tv for this stuff. It's a green liquid which contains grass seed, and you attach it to a garden hose and spray it on the lawn to grow grass. At first I thought it was just another...
4
4

Bare copper wire in my outdoor carriage light
Should the bare copper wire in my outdoor carriage light be connected to: (1) the ground screw in the carriage light (2) the bare copper wire in the outlet box (3) the white wire in the outlet box (4)...
46
46

Guns
Per James Wilkinson: Everybody's seen this one, right? See Jim Jefferies Live! http://jimjefferies.com/events Comedian Jim Jefferies breaks down the absurdity of America's obsession with guns in his...
40
40

OT: Just Noticed An Absence...
I think he died on us. Check out the thread: death in group
79
79

four cylinder saw
Ed Huntress posted for all of us... I heard the fart from here!
15
15

OT: Win 10 Free Upgrade Expiring in 10 days
I wanted to pass along something I recently learned about the free Win 10 u pgrade offer for Win 7 and 8 users that is expiring in 4 days. I know a lo t of people have questions or concerns about Win...

Your electric car or your computer not both..PANIC NOW
One word: SOLAR POWER
24
24