40s-50s style kitchen trim

anyone know a source for that bright (stainless?) trim that was used around the edges of Formica countertops back in the day? Am thinking of brightening up my kitchen and that would be just the ticket I think. Would look "about right" in the house if I painted all the (ugly) cabinets white as a freshen-up until I can actually remodel.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

That was just done because counter installers didn't have a router to finish the edge. The alternative was a file.
Nate Nagel wrote:

http://www.barsandbooths.com/bandbmetalbanding.htm
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Nate Nagel wrote:

did a google search on "kitchen countertop edging aluminum retro" and got lots of hits, including this:
http://www.restaurant-bar-furniture.com/Metal-Aluminum-Edge-Table-Tops.htm

Yes, it was polished aluminum not stainless steel. Some were held with chrome plated screws others were hammered into a saw slit cut along the edge.
My father-in-laws cottage was lined with Formica using the aluminum retaining strips throughout the building. This was all done in the 50s and is still there in most rooms. It is the only place I have seen that you could clean the walls and ceiling with a sponge mop.
Oh pshaw, on Sun 09 Dec 2007 09:48:14a, EXT meant to say...

Similarly, my parents fist home, buit in the 1920s, had a kitchen and 2 baths where every service...floor, walls, and countertops, were covered in battleship linoleum. Every surface could be easily washed down. Once a year or so, my mom applied a coating of paste wax and buffed it. The countertop edge was either polished aluminum or stainless steel. It was always gleaming.
--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, Dec 9th,2007

Email me direct and I'll send you more sources.
cm
www.vintagetrailersforsale.com