3 Bathroom Vents - One Roof Vent

Can I exhaust 3 bathroom vents through one roof vent or does each bathroom vent need its own roof vent?

depends on the local code and size of the vent. I know Nutone makes a multiple bathroom with one fan and vent system. I also know on the only installation that I saw the inspector required back draft dampers on all the runs after the motor.
Jim wrote:

Are you talking about plumbing or ventilation vents? How far apart are the bathrooms?
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:10:15 GMT, "Jim"

One roof vent for multiple exhaust fans.
Our house is 4 years old. We have one roof vent and we have 2 1/2 bathrooms.
We line in PA.
Chris

Most new vents fans enclosers have built in dampers to prevent backflow, If not install and external one then will be OK.
Also they make a system that has an inline fan unit in the attic that all vents run to, no noise with those but are pulling air from all vents when only one is needed.

bathroom