2 Cycle engine oil ratio

I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2 cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to start and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1 for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be mixed in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the manufacturer's recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:10:53 -0700, JohnJohn wrote:

Synthetic oil is a 100:1 mix and I use it that way in everything of mine that calls for a 15:1 to 50:1 mix with normal organic oils.

Synthetic is better oil but why change the mix, amsoil wont guarntee anything and you need the most protection. Your motor will last longer with synthetic if its sound, a compression test is a good start to find out. Poor starting could also be a weak spark.
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:06:15 -0700, ransley wrote:

I guess to each his own. One benefit with a higher ratio is less smoke and oil in the muffler.
Meat Plow wrote:

The Saber Professional is intended to be used as 100:1, however I suggest and recommend you replace the spark plug with a new one after the first fifteen minute of running with any Amsoil 2 Cycle Oils.
*I have a mountain bike and have added an electric motor and a 2 cycle *Tecumseh engine kit to it. After several years of regular use the 2 *cycle engine started having some problems. It took 6-9 pulls to *start *and sometimes it would stall. I'm not very knowledgable about gas *engines, but have done a few things to tune it up. I also bought a *gas stabilizer and some fancy synthetic 2 cycle oil(Amsoil Saber *Professional.) My engine manufacturer suggests using a ratio of 24:1 *for the gas/oil mix. The new oil I bought mentions it should be *mixed *in a 100:1 ratio. Should I use this formula or use the *manufacturer's *recommended 24:1 ratio? Thanks for any info you can give me!
Who reads or follows any of this stuff. I dont. Only women follow instructions and measure things when they cook. Us men just dump it in and use it. This means that YOU must either be a woman or gay.
Just take a jug of gas and dump in 3 or 4 bottles of that special stuff. The more you use, the more power you'll get. If you were a real man, you'd want the most power you can get. However, in your case it dont matter and since you are a cheap son of a bitch, just use a few drops and pay later when you got no power.
Please send your payment for this reply within 7 days. You owe me $10 per word, which comes to a total of $1243.56 plus a fixed shipping and handling fee of $1000. I will expect your payment in full in the amount of $2698.59 no later than July 16, 2007. Send payment to
Jerold M. Smith 3022 W. Smartass St. Sex Fever, AS 09224
Clean or replace the plug and get yourself a little can of dyno 2 cycle oil and mix the right ratio. Run it through and see what happens. My guess is that you used a tired old motor and beat it up good when running it on that mountain bike.

JohnJohn wrote:

I usually use a dollop (sometimes two) of oil for every whatever I put in the tank.
Your milage may vary.