1950's doors

Back in the 1950's-60's there were alot of ranch style homes being built. I remember most of them having front doors with interesting geometric designed windows. There's one design in particular which had 3 windows in the top corner of the door in the shape of 3 "BELLS". Does anyone remember these? I'd really like to find one of these doors for my home, but I have absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for one. I know of 2 houses in my are which still have this front door. It's very art deco. Bryan
Back in the 1950's-60's there were alot of ranch style homes being built. I remember most of them having front doors with interesting geometric designed windows. There's one design in particular which had 3 windows in the top corner of the door in the shape of 3 "BELLS". Does anyone remember these? I'd really like to find one of these doors for my home, but I have absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for one. I know of 2 houses in my are which still have this front door. It's very art deco. Bryan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Nope, still don't remember.
Back in the 1950's-60's there were alot of ranch style homes being built. I remember most of them having front doors with interesting geometric designed windows. There's one design in particular which had 3 windows in the top corner of the door in the shape of 3 "BELLS". Does anyone remember these? I'd really like to find one of these doors for my home, but I have absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for one. I know of 2 houses in my are which still have this front door. It's very art deco. Bryan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Triesd real hard and STILL don't remember. Maybe on my next dump or something.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Nope, don't remember.
I clicked the mouse 3 times (nothing was happening each time I clicked it). I didn't realize the message would appear mulitiple times. Now I look like an idiot spammer, and this whole thread ends up in the toilet. Lovely. I hate computers Bryan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Nahhhh, we've all had our turns in life.
p.s. Did I mention I don't remember?
Al Bundy wrote:

Remember what?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............
You are going to have to post a picture, or at least a sketch.

Of what?
I'm not much of an artist, but here's a rough idea of the door I'm talking about (note the 3 windows in the upper corner shaped like bells). Does anyone remember these?
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/totalrod2/Door.jpg Bryan
click on show options on each post then choose remove to elmiate the duplicates.
apparently theres a problem the same thing happened to me today...

p.s. again. Do I need to mention over in your alt.building.construction post that I don't remember or will you remember from here that I don't remember?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I remember! But what I remember I forgot.
Anyhow, to answer your question. Look for a place that deals in salvage building materials. There is usually one is most fairly large cities.
Harry K
On 26 Oct 2006 17:07:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So you do know where to look. Go in through the back window, so you don't damage the door.