Subject Author Posted Replies

which deep cell battery for generator?
am trying to find a replacement (read: cheap) for a generator battery. it's a sealed deep cycle type and about the size of a motorcycle battery. will any kind do and would any marine non-gel battery...
10
10

Energy Star natural gas direct vent water heater
I need to purchase a new water heater. I found 4 direct-vent gas water heaters in my area, only two would fit. None of these water heaters are Energy Star. Do Energy Star gas water heaters exist? I...
5
5

Ceiling Fans
Does anyone have a ceiling fan in their bedroom, right above the bed, and if so, do you recommend it? I am thinking about installing a fan above my bed, but would like some feedback first. Is it...
19
19

emergency drawstrings
I was recently at a hotel in Italy that had what I'd have to describe as an emergency drawstring - in pulling the string you pull a switch beside which it says "Emergency". I assume the purpose is to...
4
4

what to do with cracked grout on ceiling in shower
Hello, I had a new shower with tiled walls and ceiling put in about 5 years ago. This year the grout in one specific row of tiles on the ceiling is really starting to crack. This started last year as...
11
11

Plastic lattice install question
I have plastic lattice (4x8) sheets attached to the underside of my deck. Each sheet is attached to 1"x2" stirps of wood that go around the lattice. This provides a frame for the lattice in order to...
2
2

K-grip or other adhesive, versus sewing.
A little OT, but I'm sure this comes up at home too, for awnings etc. What is the best adhesive for vinyl-covered-canvas, where one ahering surface will be vinyl and the other canvas? Would it help...
5
5

off topic computer question
A fellow I know, but never met. He's got two computers. Desktop running XP, and laptop running Vista. He wants to copy a couple gb of files, from one to the other. So far, he's been copying some with...
36
36

Dremel replacement
I have had this Harbor Freight version of a Dremel tool for the past 8 years and for the $10 I paid for it I think that I got pretty good use for my money. Well, the chuck lock hole has 'stretched'...
10
10

Can't keep faucet aerator from leaking. What's the secret?
Hi all: I've got a Price Pfister kitchen faucet and the chrome screw-on aerator set up has always been something of a problem. Each time I'd remove it for cleaning there would be a very slight leak...
15
15

Tongue and Groove stuck it tongue out at me.
A Tongue and Groove board stuck it tongue out at me. What should I do?
3
3

Why do you pay for a telephone?
I have never understood why people pay for telephone service. All you do is pay a large monthly bill so debt collectors can call and annoy you by asking for money, and others to call and sell you...
46
46

AC smell
How can I clean a window AC unit that truly stinks? I am a smoker and over time I think that has contributed. It is in my kitchen so it gets the cooking odors also. It is a small 8,000 BTU unit. The...
11
11

Looking for a Folding Plastic Work Table
See Subject. I bought one of these about 4-5 years ago. I think from Lowes. I've never found another like it. $35 or so. I leave it outdoors most of the time, and it's still in pretty decent shape. It...

clean asphalt?
I have a new asphalt driveway and, dumb me, I dropped a small bag of concrete mix (sakrete) on it. The bag burst. After I cleaned up the small mess, I see that it left a whitish area which really...
8
8