Subject Author Posted Replies

Teledyne Leers ECS325N
My friend has a Teledyne Leers ECS325N swimming pool heater which does not seem to start. It would make a sparking sound when I flipped the swithch from OFF to SPA . Does anyone know of web sites...
3
3

OT: Churchillian reposte
I hadn't heard this one. In 1945, Churchill walked into the men's room at the House of Commons. Standing at the first urinal was Clement Atlee, the new Prime Minister. Churchill passed him and...
3
3

Step Lights
I am not sure what these are called. I think they are called step lights. From the driveway, I take three steps up to the landing that leads to the front door. On each side of the steps is a 32" wide...
14
14

Generator question - no power
Looking for generator repair advice... I have a Winco 900-watt Tri-Fuel generator with about 320 hours on it for home standby use. It's worked well for years - it easily powers everything in the...
6
6

Reolacement top for toilet
A large picture fell off the bathroom wall and broke the china top to the toilet. I need a replacement top. The toilet is a Universal Rundel #4490, 1.6 gal/flush. I cannot find a U/R dealer because...
18
18

How do I fix cast iron waste stack crack?
My sewer stack has a hairline crack in the bell hub right at the concrete floor in my basement. I'm afraid the only way to fix it is to bust out the floor around it and replace it, But I was...
7
7

Best washer under $600?
Any opinions about what the best top loading washers for less than $600 are? We have a 15 year old Kenmore that's had a few repairs over the last few years and now the agitator has stopped...
26
26

Rat poison disappearing
Suddenly the rat poison I put in my Rhino shelter is disappearing. A couple of times I've seen some missing and then sick mice crawling around then it stops. Now I go through a box every night....
14
14

Women usually get mad at people...
... while men get mad at things. Oh well. Here's a video of a woman abusing her poor lawnmower. Video Liveleak.com - Crazy woman beats the hell out of her lawnmower
14
14

Dishwasher Rinse Agent Or Drying Agent ?
Hello, Just got a new Dishwasher. Came with a small botle of Jet Dry; the Rinse liquid. Saw in the store today, that Jet Dry also has a bottle of Drying Liquid. This bottle also says that a Rinse...
3
3

Fixing garage door opener?
We had a power outage yesterday so I had to use the manual disconnect on my Stanley garage door opener. When the power came back, I tried to reconnect it, but the part of the traveler connected to the...
6
6

Feds going after garage sales
"[WASHINGTON] If you're planning a garage sale or organizing a church bazaar, you'd best beware: You could be breaking a new federal law. As part of a campaign called Resale Roundup, the...
13
13

Does any one have a Toastmaster, Model TUV48S May Be a Bit OT
The unit is a Toastmaster, Model TUV48S , and the problem is that I do not see the fan running. Is the fan supposed to run all the time? I am assuming it is. What might be wrong, of course fan itself...

Determine R-value of existing insulation
I have a family room in my house that is basically 3 outside walls. One wall faces my uninsulated garage, another the side of my house and the back wall is the back of my house with a florida room....
11
11

Very OT, what do you call this?
This is very OT but I'm a regular reader/poster and I hope you will help me. My favorite army surplus store closed down and I need to buy a couple of the belts they sold, but I don't know what...
14
14