Subject Author Posted Replies

repairing pitted siding
Hi, I have some rotting baseboard exterior siding that was damaged by a powerwasher. Before painting it, I am going to fill in to make it smooth. What's the best stuff to use. I was watching youtube,...
5
5

White roofs
There is a push to cool the earth, save energy and keep your home cooler at less cost to have white roofs. Especially in the cities to reduce heat islands. What about northern states where we heat...
20
20

Pond water depth volume calculator or graphing tool ?
Hello "Judy", do you know Donna Ohl? You both share the same posting style. Donna once did an amazing troll in about a hot water heater which got an impressive 392 replies. You also post in and have...
2
2

Replacement windows or new storms and screens?
We are giving consideration to replacing our 40 year old wood windows. They are drafty and bugs get in through the screens. We are planning on selling the house in 3 to 7 years. Here is what we see...
19
19

Replacement Windows - Superseal 1100 Series
We live in southern NY area and would like to get replacement windows. We are being told that a "great window" is the Superseal 1100 series. I can't find any information about this window or even the...
3
3

Tech Data for SeaBlue Pool Heater?
Can someone give me a lead on where to get a tech manual for a SeaBlue Model 400 swimming pool heater? I understand SeaBlue was aquired by Pentair, and Pentair won't answer my inquiries about SeaBlue....
1
1

Small engine starting problem
I need some ideas. It is a Yamaha atv. Battery shows 12.9 volts and turns the engine over fine, but won't start. When I hook up a battery charger it starts right up. Battery voltage when running is 14...
14
14

Odd swimming pool panel setup
I come across a number of pool wiring jobs, where the electricians cut as many corners as possible to keep costs down, and still remain legal. Unless I'm missing something, it seems that this may be...
8
8

Leaking roof flashing repair
The back porch leaks water during a particularly heavy rain storm. New shingles were put on about a year ago by a professional roofer and it didn't leak until I hammered up ceiling boards to the...
10
10

Necessary to replace skylights when re-roofing?
I am looking to get a new roof soon. It is approx 20 years old ( 2 layers on roof now), as well as the 2 skylights. The skylights are in good shape and do not leak. However, whoever installed the...
24
24

Opinions on Goettl Air Conditioners?
A friend is considering buying a home in the Phoenix that has a 4 year old Goettl air conditioner installed. From having been in the house on a very hot day, it seems to do a good cooling job. The...
16
16

Where to get a Hoody Ring?
I have an old sink held in place by a Hoody Ring (house was built in the 50's). I want to change the vanity top but re-use the sink and I'm afraid the Hoody Ring will get bent in disassembly. Local...
1
1

Vinyl Fence Post
A friend helped me install a 42 inch vinyl gate and panel. It is 6' tall, and it is a privacy gate which makes it heavier. The panel is not very wide - about three lengths. Most of the structure is...
7
7

impact screwdriver
Harbor Freight sells one of those "tools you put in your toolbox and only get out rarely when all else has failed." It's called an impact screwdriver. They've been around forever, and the one I just...
40
40

leaking refrigerator water dispenser line
the water dispenser on my refrigerator is leaking quite a bit, even though the water supply has been turned off for months. the tray completely fills up every few hours. why is this happening and how...
5
5