O.T. How to mix yellow, cyan, magenta refill ink to get black/brown?

I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from refilling inkjet cartridges. Any idea of the proportions of each I should mix to get brown/black ink?

Reply to
hrhofmann

There a better ng for this I think.

alt.comp.periphs.printers is either dead or it's not on eternal september.

But comp.periphs.printers is still pretty busy.

Reply to
mm

I dont think you can all you will get is a mess, Black is black , google making brown paint. cyan and magenta are in the blue range but have at it.

Reply to
ransley

If equal parts doesn't do it nothing will.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

Buy ALL of these $600 will send you a sheet of EVERYTHING listed raveATusit.net

David McGough

I've done fabric dyeing using similar base colors but I'm sure the pigments are different. In my color samples, I have a nice reddish brown that uses 1 part yellow, 7 parts cyan and 12 parts magenta.

With ink, I'd start with a few drops of yellow, add magenta a drop at a time to get a medium orange, and then try adding the cyan. Count drops for each and then multiply.

Reply to
norminn

This is the best suggestion, I'll try it using / counting drops. I'll mix in some real black if it looks too bad. I just hatre to throw away half-full bottles of colored ink that I won't use because I bought too much as part of a package.

Reply to
hrhofmann