Subject Author Posted Replies

NEC, romex and tie-wraps
I'm doing some work in my (unfinished, never going to be finished) basement. I have to run some new wiring about 2 feet across a concrete block wall. There is one 6-3 cable and 4 12-3 cables. Is it...
12
12

Odor question w/new topload Kenmore washer?
My daughter replaced her failing washer with a new Kenmore almost a year ago. Although it works well she complains of an odor eminating from it when not in use. Her old one never had that issue. It...
4
4

Small engine repair question
If someone can suggest a better newsgroup for this question I would appreciate it.. I have a Briggs 4 cycle , 5hp outboard motor that sat unused for 6 months. Now, when I crank it up, it runs, but...
10
10

Home Depot Paint
Has anyone used there paint with primer in ? How does it compare to Sherwin Williams
10
10

330-Square-Foot Apartment Holds 20 Rooms
"HONG KONG -- Space is at a premium in Hong Kong, one of the most densely populated places on Earth, where even window dimensions are included in the size of properties." "One designer has taken that...
16
16

Curing concrete
How much and how often do I need to sprinkle with water newly poured concrete patio and footings? I am in NJ and temperature is over 90 degrees, humidity is almost 100%. Anything else I need to do to...
21
21

Mini-Fridges
If you buy a thermo-electric (Peltier type) mini fridge, be aware of their limitations: they can only lower the ambient temperature by 40 degrees. (Don't expect cold beer when it's in a 90 deg....
50
50

Subzero vs. GE Monogram Freezers and refrigerators
Any opinion on which would last longer and do a better job? We looked at two homes: one had a freestanding Subzero freezer and beside it a separate Subzero refrigerator. The other had the same thing,...
7
7

OT - Toy Money
All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy. So, the bills got to be paid. The church tithes and offerings. The electric, rent, etc. But, that gets boring in a hurry. How much to spend on fun? Does...
50
50

Frigidaire refrigerator is not blowing colder air. Please help.
It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues. Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is...
11
11

Ionic breeze
Okay, let me get braced here. Okay, let her rip. What do you think of them. SWMBO bought $1,000 worth of them, and I need a good argument when she tells me I don't need any more tools. Are they worth...
24
24

cheap toilet hoses
The plastic nuts on certain flexible hoses used to supply water to toilet tanks are cracking at the base and leaving homes to flood.
1
1

GE SpaceMaker washer w/MAGIC FILTER: Need advice on this filter
I just moved into a small apartment that has a GE Spacemaker clothes washer with tow "Magic filters" on inside of the stainless steel tub. I pulled these tow plastic housing out and they were both...
36
36

Focusing the HEPA filter discussion
Hi, May I start a new thread on this top. The other thread I started provided me with a lot of useful information, but has also gotten off track a little bit. Forget HEPA - here's the problem. I have...
4
4

Technique for dry fitting PVC pipe?
In previous projects I really haven't had the need to dry assemble a bunch of fittings to get the alignment right and make sure it would all work before gluing. In the case of some recent work with 2"...
23
23