Subject Author Posted Replies

Toilet troubles
There is a toilet which doesn't flush solid waste fully. It just swirls in the bowl without much going down the drain. (Thge same thing happens if there is no solid waste in the bowl-the water swirls...
15
15

One problem replaced by another. OIl furnace burns, stops after 9 seconds
So everything was fine, and now my oil furnace starts, runs for about 9 seconds with a good yellow flame, and stops. In a while I can press reset and then the same thing happens. 9 seconds is not...
36
36

Gas-powered wheel barrow
At $1,300, I'll wait for a used one on Craigslist. Still...
9
9

Temporary/easy-to-put-up wall?
Greetings: We have a finished basement with pine floors, one fairly small bedroom down there and a main room. There's a laundry room down there too, as well as a two piece bathroom (sink/toilet)....
18
18

Router and Table
I am looking at the following router and table, any comments on it? other alternative is a Harbor Freight router/shaper the 2 my thought is Sears, but I can add the extended warranty on HF for about...
5
5

GOOD comic for the group
Based on personal experience, and numerous discussions here on AHR, I think y'all will appreciate this one: http://comics.com/arlo&janis/2011-01-19/ Welcome to GoComics.com, the world's largest comic...
3
3

Garage Door Opener defunct
My old garage door opener seems to have bit the dust today. It's a Sears 1/3 HP model 139.663900, serial number E-154271, circa mid- to late '80s. When I tried to open the door this morning, it...
13
13

50 year old house.. Wood doors need to be repained. need to remove paint,, advice on sanding etc
Hi I am going to repaint a wood bathroom door in a 50 year old house. The doors are in really good condition. I would like to remove the paint from the door... I have a sander but whenever I use it...
13
13

Heat pump troubleshooting
My last heating bill was excessively high and I am trying to figure out what is going on. I have two heat pumps. The first unit is a 3 ton Goodman (seer 13) that produced a delta T (air duct outlet...
23
23

Yard Man Snowblower Update
Thanks to everyone who helped me with tips on getting my snow blower fixed. I found an authorized dealer who works on this model, and it was a simple fix. I needed a new V belt at the cost of $13.50....
3
3

Loss of Pressure on Hot Side of Moen Sink Faucet: New Issue
Another puzzle: On reassembling the faucet (Moen 1225 Cartridge) and turning on the water for the first time by lifting the handle, I notice that the spout moves upward about 1/8" leaving a...
5
5

Hot Tub Motor Rating for Amperage
A friend is having trouble with a GFCI breaker tripping when he turns on the swtich for his whirlpool tub. It's not a "new" problem as it's been happening since he moved in 5 years ago. (This is the...
21
21

Ge Spacemaker Microwave repair or replacement?
I have one of these guys and it has served me very well for probably 15+ years, so I have no quarrel with it. From the manual, the model number is a JVM 250 BVC or JVM 250 WVC (probably a white or...
10
10

Did some work today on a metal awning, measurements, about 15' x 15'6". Cut the sheets 16', and will trim in place to mate to gutter. Tomorrow, I'm going to have to put up the topmost purlin,...
3
3

Need Help Identifying Wall Toggle Switches
These may date back to the 60's not sure, and they may be discontinued as I can't find them anywhere on the Net. I have an electrical box with three small wall toggle switches rated 10 amps each. Mine...
16
16