Subject Author Posted Replies

OT how to flush my radiator, change the antifreeze
This is OT, but I asked in my Chrysler mailing list and no one in the usually busy list has answered in 18 hours, except one who tried, only wrt the last, unrelated line. Well, I can't believe it but...
32
32

removing "paint scrape" from our car
My wife ran up against the painted wooden edge of our garage door while backing out the car. Now we have a scraped bright green against our dark grey, which shows up quite a bit. I used a lot of elbow...
20
20

rubber strip hole cutting tool
anyone know of a tool that would cut a round hole on a rubber strip? Its for a truck car-flag bed rail project I'm working on.
13
13

Ice Dam Prevention
Hi, Our annual problem with ice dams has outdone itself this year. They are doing damage when they fall and I am afraid someone could get hurt. I added insulation in the attic. They form before I can...
4
4

Heat Pump Thermostat Problem
Back in November, my HVAC guy replaced my thermostat on my heat pump with a Honeywell TH8320. He did it at the same time that he corrected a wiring problem near the air handler underneath the house. A...
8
8

Gas dryer installation code requirements.
Does anyone know anything about there being a requirement for installing vinyl or similar non porous sheeting under a gas clothes dryer?
5
5

new bathroom remodel- marble question either polished or honed on wall or floor or both
Hi I am going to have a new bathroom remodeled and will have marble on both the walls and floors.. I would like some feedback regarding having honed on the floor and then polished on the walls? is...
10
10

Door swing question
I watch TV programs like Miami, Dade County SWAT. Lots and lots and lots of front doors on people's houses swing OUT. I know that sometimes they can flip the editing, and things get reversed, but that...
31
31

OT: Ice doesn't get the respect it deserves
In the past few months we've seen some incredible ice-caused disasters from roof collapses to massive traffic accidents. While I'll go out in the snow when necessary, a huge 2" thick sheet of ice that...
62
62

interior door swap
OK, question time. I have a house about 40 years old or so, with hollow core doors, and for whatever reason, they are 78" or were cut to 78"... I Am replacing with clear pine solid doors, problem is,...
11
11

4 inch angle grinder, discs with fine grit for sharpening say drill bits?
With the very coarse grinding discs I have for my 4 inch angled grinder I can put an ok sharp edge on a drill bit. I would like to get hold of some sanding discs that were smoother and finer so that I...
2
2

TSP & Diswashing powder
The two soap dispensers on my dishwasher contain 5 tablespoons each of diswashing powder. Assuming 1 tbsp of TSP per load, the proper ratio then is 10:1 So you get a big mixing bowl, measure out the...
31
31

Any ideas on a bench belt sander?
I had an el cheapo one inch wide belt, belt sander; no flat disk combination. I used it mostly for sharpening knives (carefully with the finest grit I could buy) and touch up on some scroll saw items....
15
15

Kenmore dryer 90 series
My Kenmore series 90 electric dryer shuts off after few minutes using normal cycle or air dry only (without heat). No lints in the dryer or duct.I can rotates motor very easily without any noise....
1
1

What Good Are Pilot Holes?
If you pre-drill, the screw doesn't have much to grab onto. In the old days, they simply turned the screw without any pilot holes. In fact, my dad used to do it that way. The screw threads thereby get...
33
33