1.6 gallon toilets will work in basement?

Do these flush fine in a basement bathroom? If they didn't I guess the government wouldn't ban the 3 gallon ones. But I read they give problems so I am wondering if these problems are just a rarity.
It is not 1.6 toilets that have problems it is cheap poorly designed toilets that have problems. Many of the early models were not well designed. BTW there should be no difference being in a basement, unless you need to pump up to the sewer.
BTW cheap does not always mean inexpensive. Some of the most expensive models that look neat are poorly made and designed.
Look for a large fully glazed trap. Many people like the American Standard Cadet series, but even there check the trap size as they are not all the same in that series.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math