1/4 Inch of Water Left in Dishwasher

I just noticed that there is about 1/4 inch of water left in the bottom of our dishwasher after the drain cycles - any reason for that? Anything I can do to get it to pump completely? Any reason to worry about it?
thx - jim
Not sure if this is generally the case, but when I had my dishwasher repaired I asked the repair guy this very question, and he said that a small amount of water is left deliberately to keep the rubber parts (seals, etc.) from drying out.
Jo Ann
Jim Wheeler wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Pretty sure it is generally the case, for the same reason he/you said.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY