what's this called?

The row of trees that line a long drive. Think Tuscany with cypress trees. I read maybe it's "paree" with an accent on one of those e's, but that doesn't sound too Italian. French invention?
Add pictures here
✖
Merle O'Broham said:

An allée.
Painting of an allée of chestnut trees by Alfred Sisley: http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/imml/ho_1975.1.211.htm
Amazing allée of baobab trees: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id )90475
If the trees are along only one side of the drive, it would be a half allée.
--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

✖
Thanks (again) Pat. To satisfy the wife, we have an allée of hostas! Does that count? ;-)
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Merle O'Broham said:

If they aren't tall enough to shade your pathway... no. An allee for gnomes and fairies... maybe.
--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)

✖
I'm unhappy to report that I now have a half gnome allée after my friend backed over a whole row of the hostas after coming home from last night's Cubs game. :o
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Add pictures here
✖