violets in lawn

I have violets taking over my lawn. Any thoughts on how to stop them would be appreciated. Larry

Wild violets are -really- hard to control, I've seen them come back after using roundup. You can try a more selective control and use repeat applications, 7 to 10 days apart.
Here's a link to one of the better retail herbicides for the hard to kill variety's.
http://tinyurl.com/gsg6
Good luck.
--
GO# 40

I second this. I've had very little luck w/ herbicides on field violets. I'd hire the kids to dig 'em out.
Peter H
Easier on the ground worms and baby birds to just dig the violets out or crowd them out with new grass seed/sod. Herbicides will prevent your using grass clippings in your compost .. .
wrote:

I'd