Tired of bumping my string trimmer

Page 3 of 3

On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:10:49 -0500, "RoyDMercer"

I have a Jonsered brush / string trimmer straight shaft, 40cc engine that has never missed a beat and is close to 25 years old. Wore out many line heads of various styles, wore out many of the steel brush blades but have never spent a penny on the machine yet other than air cleaner and spark plug etc. Starts right up time after time. Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

I've had a HomeLite SX-135 for about 10 years with no problems whatsoever.
On Sat, 15 May 2004 14:21:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Roy) wrote:

Thanks for the link. I always wanted to make my own equipment and cast metal.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Shooter Dude) wrote in

My Toro cordless electric uses .050", the thinnest diameter I've seen and works well. You only need to bump it often if you're mowing with it and the string gets bent. Edging using the tip only works better. If the weather has been dry for a couple of days and the grass isn't crazy, I can do ~300' of edging without bumping.
Salty Thumb wrote:

The Black & Decker Grass Hog uses .065 - self feeds and is fairly cheap. Mine is electric and can tolerate the voltage drop from over 100' of cord with no complaints. Quieter than the gas models and no stink or mixing. Also does the edging thing with a built in wire guide.