Thistle weed

Any good ideas on how to control thistle ? We have sprayed in the past but it is very tough and needs a very strong mixture - and we would rather avoid poisons if we can. . We are now digging plants up as we find them. I've seen propane torches with long nozzles advertised and I'm tempted to spend the money.
Srgnt Billko said:

That's what I do.

I torch weeds in cracks between pavers. All you have to do is wilt them. They die rather quickly, after that. No need to burn them to a crisp. Besides, we don't need an "I burned the farm down, and all that was left was a 10" stick." type of thread. ;)
--

Eggs

-Buy one for the price of two and get the second one free!

Funny - good for a hearty chuckle.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

Get some sheep.

What did you spray the thistle with, besides something that is poisonous to thistle?

No - we did use Round-up a few years ago but would rather not use it again.

So you're looking for an alternative to physically pulling the thistle out of the dirt that, is not a chemical control?
--
http://NewsReader.Com /

Ride through the Dakota badlands and you'll see that thistle is a cash crop for many farmers. Thousands of acres of it. Harvested for bird seed. What is one man's weed is another man's livelyhood.
Bob