The final fix on the new Craftsman lawn tractor (sorry guys I didn't hurt myself this time)

"The original post"
<OK, here is the story. <I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade AND the <bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches) <I think this was a freak accident, but??
<The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat. <I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the blade <enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot weld now (oh <and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three hours on the new <mower.. ugh <When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it started <fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine) "no strange <noises"
<"The Pics" <http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4z1ku2q <http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z5n9mt <http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5y9zktd <http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4taxzyd <http://tinypic.com/view.php?picbdro0p
After looking at the other mowers and finding out the mower deck on my machine was to low, they sent out another repair guy to verify I'm not a dirty filthy liar, he verified yup it was to low, when set at the max deck height. To low by about 5/8"
Sears built me a new one, it was built on 09/05/07 and delivered it 09/06/07, delivery free of charge. Deck/blade height is right on. Blades that came with it are like the replacement blades I bought to replace the old ones. (heavier duty) The engine runs smoother at all throttle settings. The cables and electrical wires are all installed correctly. (up that was screwed on the old one too) The steering wheel was installed correctly. (the wheel was off center and I had to fix it on the old one)
I thought for sure they were going send me a floor model and say it was new, but they did not.
The Dept. manager and the staff all treated me very well (before and especially after the verification of the defect) Kathy is happy with the mower, I'm happy with the final outcome, (new mower deck AND mower) With my luck someone will steal it tonight.........
Clark Thank god for spell check.
Clark wrote:

Clark said:

*THWAP*
Don't post in HTML to The USENET!
--

Eggs

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say i'm
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Oh ! me so sorry! I beg forgiveness please please don't ban me from using the internet!!!!!!!! :-p
in case you could not read it I had changed the delivery date to the correct one of 09/07/07
Clark
Clark wrote:

I read it fine and had no problem.
do snipped-for-privacy@do.com wrote:

I can read it fine too.... well ya know, some old coots out there....
He's really upset about the fact I have not had a mishap in a couple of days. ;-) Some old outdated news readers can't read HTML and some people refuse to update them, mostly because of security issues.
Here's what it looked like to Eggs, well some of it:
deck on my<BR>&gt; machine was to low, they sent out another repair guy to verify I'm<BR>&gt; not a dirty filthy liar, he verified yup it was to low, when set at<BR>&gt; the max deck height. To low by about 5/8"<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Sears built me a new one, it was built on 09/05/07 and delivered it<BR>&gt; <STRONG><FONT size=3>09/07/07</FONT></STRONG>, delivery free of charge.<BR>&gt; Deck/blade height is right on.<BR>&gt; Blades that came with it are like the replacement blades I bought to<BR>&gt; replace the old ones. (heavier
Old dog new trick thing? don't matter I like him even if he smells like old Egg. lol
I kidd. Eggs I kidd.
Clark
Clark said:

[...]
Wrong again, d00d. I saw it as text/plain (text/html is also an option, so I saw your change, which didn't require a format change).
You're totally missing the point(s). There are still many people that pay-per-byte for their news service. HTML posts eat that up quickly, as one can't tell the format of the message until it's already been downloaded. HTML adds unnecessary code to the post, as was demonstrated by your reply above (which I've snipped). It's also a security risk from scripts.

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups. I've offered before to help you set one up, that I think you'll like. That offer still stands. ;)

It's all good, d00d. Just lose the HTML. ;)
--

Eggs

-Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

I told you I was a dumbass..... People still pay per byte? where in Africa? Brazil? "well just insert any third world country here" I'm an American I don't care about anyone else (mostly true).
I'll stick to OE, 'cause I like the way it formats. I mean jeez I'm already using post fixer, which by the way, is causing my OE to see duplicate post, as the dates and time are identical.
maybe I should be posting from Google groups. lol I'm gonna fire up my linux box and post HTML, joking.. well maybe..... (I'll avoid this group and piss off some other people).
Like I said I had a brain fart.
Clark
Clark said:

ain't we all? =)

Nope, not third world, man. More for binary use, but text isn't always free. For some, it's just cheaper to pay for usage.

So, if you had a program that you were able to make look like OE, only MUCH better, you'd be interested? ;)

I'm not so sure that OE Quotefix is causing the duplicates. If it is, you're the first person to ever have it happen to them.

If you did, I'd never know. ;)

My Nix box is down at the moment (until I can figure out why it doesn't want to boot to anything but text mode).

It happens.
--

Eggs

- Reset Universe? (Y)es (N)o
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Ya. You should learn to use an app that was designed for newsgroups.

I think you should convert to OE so you can read HTML Then you could see all the pretty colors too!!!!
Clark
Clark said:

It's not "the internet", dood. It's The USENET.

Ahh. So, you needed to change one character in your post, and you felt it necessary to make a 153 line post to do it. Got ya.
*shakes head*
Quality newsreaders (and most servers) will allow you to SUPERCEDE a post that you made. The servers that don't support it, will simply add the edited post. (I'm betting you already knew that.) There was no need to change the format of the message in order to change that one character.
--

Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

I found a hot button for Eggs! :-)
Quality news readers? I'm using Outlook express! I obviously don't know anything about quality.....

You caught me I'm a dumbass.... sorry is to much and I don't give crap ain't right either... I'm stuck!!!! Well I guess I had a brain fart...
Clark
<snip>

Excellent. A tribute to your ability to deal with the problem. I am sincerely impressed.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

Thanks Srgt. finally a post on topic.
I had no choice, if I didn't take care of it, Kathy was gonna beat my ass.
Clark

With the proverbial stick.
Steveo said:

damn. beat me to it. =P
--

Eggs

One nice thing about egotists... they don't talk about other people.
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

HA HA!
Clark

BEAT!?
Steveo wrote:

maybe again with the ten inch killer pine "stick", trust me it's a killer...
Clark

I could smoke that and walk away. ($1 Cheech)