Tampa FL crabgrass what to do?

I have about 60% crabgrass (patches) where I mow and the rest Bahia. Tried the crabgrass preemergent for 3 years in Feb/Mar but it still keeps coming back. I am interested in seeding some Bahia. What can I do and when should I do it? Thanks Greyhound
You're most likely applying the pre-emergent too late. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley in CA and ours has to be applied in January since it warms up so early... I would think your area warms up sooner.
Here's some info on crabgrass from UC Davis http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7456.html I know the summers here are hotter (according to your city website) but you win with the rain. We only get 5" a year. You have to maintain your turf at the appropriate height, mowing weekly, fertilizing correctly, etc. An unhealthy turf is prime for weeds. Easier to say than to maintain.
Bahia is supposed to be easy to grow from seed. You can order some http://www.bahiagrass.com /
http://www.ifas.ufl.edu/extension/ces.htm HTH Nicole