taking care of new sod

Hi all,
We moved into a new home last November and the builder sodded the front for us around October. With Spring fast approaching in Wisconsin, I'm wondering how frequently I will need to water now 4-5 month old sod. Same goes for fertilizing--how soon is too soon?
Thanks for any advice!
umm you should be asking the people who put in the sod
d wrote:

sod this, this sodding post is going sodding no where.
rob
Won't "um" you.
Don't expect anything regarding any real growth until the 2nd year after laying sod in winter of previous year. Irrigation (watering) depends on heat, how much and how often. Fertilizer (delayed, won't burn version) should be put down just prior to last frost.
Promote root growth into actual present soil below the sodded soil. Keep it watered, then let it dry to promote root growth to chase water below. The year after, should take off.
--
Jonny
"d" < snipped-for-privacy@d.com> wrote in message news:N%jXf.76$ snipped-for-privacy@fe05.lga...
If it hasn't been raining, I'd water it about every 3 or 4 days now. I'd also put down a lawn fertilizer, probably one with pre-emergent crabgrass preventer applied in later April, if crabgrass is a problem in your area