String trimmer string breaks too often

I've read previous advice about using only the tip end of the string for trimming. I try to do that, but most of my trimming are weeds that grow next to a fence. I have gone from a .80 string to 1.15 string with no better results. Is there a more pliable string that doesn't break so easily. I seem to spend more time replacing the string than I do trimming!

better
Get a strimmer that feeds string at the push of a button. Buy generic string and rewind your own reels.
I guess someone might make string out of kevlar but I haven't seen any. Would be expensive as well.
Robert Reznikoff wrote:

When I use my string trimmer next to the fence or next to the concrete curb, it eats it up fast also. I just make sure I'm running more string out so it doesn't get any shorter than avout 4 inches. It's a lot easier to keep it run out than to take the head apart and re-thread. There are adapter heads to put blades or chain trimers on.
Tom J
Robert Reznikoff wrote:

That would be .080 to .115 sizes. Those numbers are decimal inches.
You might try soaking the line in water for 24 hours or so. The copolymers used in trimmer line have a high water content and as the line dries it will become more brittle. Better quality line should fray and split at the ends instead of breaking off in pieces.
--
Art