Starting a new lawn

Is it too late in the year to start a new lawn in the NorthEast (NY Area) ? temp are starting to drop already..
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Depends where in NY you are. For NYC area, while it's getting late and past optimum, I'd say you still have a week left, especially if you use a seed that is faster germinating, (fescue, rye, instead of blue grass). It's definitely warm enough to get the seed germinated, what you are dealing with then is how much time it has left to get established before it gets really cold. And that of course depends on the weather.
If you're talking about Niagra Falls, that's another story.
Thanks for your reply.. Im in the NYC area (Long island)... One part of the lawn starting coming up this week.. i just seeded the second part this weekend.. I will cross my fingers it will take..

On 30 Sep 2006 19:47:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not starting a new lawn, but fixing dead spots. I have to say this is a great time of year to seed. The wet cool weather has done wonders.
Good luck,
tom @ www.MyFastCoolCars.com