Replacing Grass that was mistakenly killed by Crabgrass Spray

I had crabgrass in parts of my lawn in Cincinnati Ohio and sprayed it with a crabgrass killer. Apparently the mixture was too strong, and I killed the grass in a couple of days. The killed grass is in an irregular pattern, and is on approximately 1/6 of my reasonably large lawn. Does anybody have any ideas as to what would be the best way to replace the killed grass? If I use a premixed bag of seed and fertilizer or if I buy sod, I will have to do some pretty awkward tilling. I am hoping that there is some sort of work-around, but I doubt that it exists.
Also, because a good portion of the killed grass is in narrow swaths about one or two feet wide, I am wondering whether it is possible that any of the grass will come back if I water it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JD

http://NewsReader.Com /

Any opinions on slice seeders? Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold

find them at your local rental shop.
http://www.ryanturf.com/products/specialty/mataway_osdt /
--
http://NewsReader.Com /

Steveo,
< I wait a few weeks and then slice seed it.>
Is the reason for the waiting period, the hope that some of the grass will come back or is the waiting period designed to make the soil easier to till after the grass has completely died? Thanks,
JD

herbicide to leave your soil. (it my prevent your seed from germinating)
Also the wait will allow you to see if any of the burned turf will recover. I didn't catch where you live but the first week September should be perfect.
--
http://NewsReader.Com /