Re: thinking of a new lawn tractor

OK, this is what I bought. since I was not even going to consider buying a 30 yr. old wheel horse or the like, I went with this one
It is from Sears, it has a B&S 22hp V twin, full pressure lube, gas tank under the seat, with fill on the left fender, 42" cut (lots of trees) would have bought the 46" but, 16" Turning Radius, BEER holder or "beverage holder", I opted for this model because of the Hydrostatic shifter on the right fender, (I could picture myself with the right foot shifter doing the bucking bronco thing on an incline or decline trying to stay on the tractor and getting some "footing" while trying not to fall off") yes the property is very steep in some areas, hence the decision for full pressure lube too. 3 gallon fuel tank, and the Mrs. pushed for the three year "full" warranty for $299.00 extra (I practically screamed It's a losers gamble for the extra warranty 'cause if Sears thought it was gonna break down they wouldn't offer the warranty, and when you gamble the house usually wins)! "but she won" So longer story shorter. With the warranty (3yr) on top of my other warranty (2yr) and Mass sales tax, the total was $1979.88 (we paid cash) ($1599.99 sticker) and opted not to open a Sears charge card, which would have been an additional savings of $80.00 (we already have four credit cards between us, who needs more)? I don't like the color.
Link: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&cat=Lawn+Tractors&subcat=Lawn+Tractor+Series&pid128738000
How did I do?
Clark

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&cat=Lawn+Tractors&subcat=Lawn+Tractor+Series&pid128738000
Excellent - except I would have filled out the Sears card application and taken the "gift" 10%. (They are cancelable)

Or just don't call to activate them.
KC

Two reasons I didn't do the Sears card,
1. I wanted to get out of the store (she wanted me to buy new shoes while we were there) No friggen way. 2. They do your application right there at the register, and I didn't want to give my information out to the masses.(sure I would have saved $80.00 but maybe I could have put myself on the line for identity theft).
I'm not usually that paranoid but there was something about the clerk I didn't like too.
Clark