Re: New House, no chemicals?

I agree that chemically there may be no difference between organic and chemical fertilizers. However, organic fertilizers tend to be non-water soluable, while the chemical ones are water soluable. For that reason, organic fertilizers release the nutrients slowly, providing a steadier, lower-level source of nutrients over a longer period of time.
Don't ask me which one you should use though. I'm sure there's a case for either type.