Question on AYP 38" Riding Mower

Greetings all,
If this isn't the correct place to post this message, I apologize and please let me know of a more suitable location.
My dilemma has to do with helping a neighbor put together a mower, specifically the mower deck. Where I run into problem, is connecting the mower blade engage mechanism. There is a coil spring which needs to hook to the take-up mechanism. There are some holes in the take-up mechanism, however, it seems as if there is a better connection than that, such as a pin (there are some extra cotter pins) (plus I would have to really force the spring into the hole, not good). My neighbor can't seem to find the owners manual (aargh) so I'm hoping some kind soul out here could point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Gary
Gary, Try this news group; Small_Engine snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com I hope this helps, Jerald

http://www.poulan.com/products/tractors/lawn_tractors/prod_PD15538LT.asp
Click on owner's manuals.

hook
force
me
Thank you, this may be exactly what we need I'll download and study in the morning! I appreciate the help
Gary