Overseeding Bermuda -- Is it possible?

I just purchased a new home in Upstate South Carolina. We're right on the edge of the cool/warm season grasses. The builder used Bermuda (could be centipede, maybe) sod on the front yard and the back is turf type fescue. Can I overseed the sod with the Fescue? If you want to know why, I'm just not a fan of the dormant warm season grass in the winter.
Thanks for any tips or advice! -- Chris

You can, but then you'll have a lawn that is neither fish or fowl. The bermuda will dominate, but the fescue will be ever-present, and you won't get the nice uniform look that comes from having a nice lawn of one species.
An option would be to overseed with Winter Rye. It'll stay green in the winter, but will die once warm weather hits in late spring. If you go with this option, you'll need to overseed the winter rye every year. I did this for a couple of years when I had Bermuda, but eventually decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
KB
This is useful to know. How often do you have to mow with the Winter? I
it any different from Bermuda
-- nangel7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nangel78's Profile: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/member.php?userid  View this thread: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/showthread.php?ta07