new lawn -- cold weather

I have purchased a new house, and the sod is being put down today. The problem is that we're in a cold snap and the weather for the next few days is supposed to be in the high 20's and low 30's at night. The only other time I've worked with new sod, I watered it religiously every day (rightly or wrongly) to help it get established.
I don't know if watering it is the right thing to do, especially in this cold weather.
BTW, this is centipede grass I'm talking about, and I'm located in south Mississippi (if that matters).
Checked both Biloxi (south MS) 33F and Jackson (north MS) 31F, this early a.m 6:05. Check the weather forecast for increasing temps for lows in the early dawn hours for the next week. Get it from the source: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/organization.php
Since its so cool now, water the grass down in early afternoon, lightly put topsoil over sod just enough to help protect the sod from root freeze later this winter. Don't bury the sod. 2 weeks watering is pretty standard for roots setting in the new location. This late in the year was poor choice for sod placement.
--
Lil' Dave
Beware the rule quoters, the corp mindset, the Borg