need lawn that only needs cutting every three weeks or longer

I have a beach house in a town that's very picky about the height of the grass. My grass and weeds grow very fast. I'd like a grass that will grow in NJ at the beach , in a sandy soil, that will not grow to a height of 6 inches within a three week period. I thought initially that a zoysia , which i thought grows sideways or as a broadleaf, would fit the bill, but then i read that it likes to be cut often, probably weekly. Any suggestions on a grass to fill these ideal expectations. Email replies, please to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com and thanks.
Zoysia is what you want. Zoysia grows very slowly, needs to be cut once every 3-4 weeks. What ever you heard before is incorrect. As a bonus, zoysia is salt tolerant.