Need help with possible lanscaping

Our house sits on a hill and the side of it is a slope. almost 45 degrees. The people who lived here before us had some mulch there and a crappy rock wall made of just stones they found in the yard. We're cleaning it up but the problem is, what to replace it with? We planted some hedges and what not along the side and I built a retaining wall at the bottom. But if we use either mulch or stone, there has to be something dividing it from the grass. I've checked Home Depot and places like that but all they have are edgers and those kinds of things. Because of the grade, the angle would look funny with a squared off rock. Any suggestions?
Check with local gardening or dirt places which may supply various types of natural stones (i.e., moss rock, quarried stones, etc.) which may provide a more "natural" look which you're seeking. You could tame the 45 degree angled slope with some back fill dirt in a few places to "soften" the extreme slope. Then, plant the areas with appropriate native shrubbery and trees.

Got the trees and shrubs in place.. just don't know what to put under it. Mulch? Grass? Stone? It's a slope and because of the angle, it would be hard to build a specific border.
--Chamberlin
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:48:16 GMT, "evolutionman 2004"

It sounds like you might want to consider using a ground cover like packasandra or crownvetch or something like it. it provides a nice carpet of plantings and it fairly maintenance free once established. It also helps to keep the soil from erosion with such a steep angle. I assume you dont plan to navigate this slope being its so steep?

I would concur. A ground cover (asian jasmine is used in a lot of area for ground cover in the south U.S.) would be ideal to cover the slope and reduce mowing and other lawn maintenance needs. A 45 degree angle is pretty steep for any mowing, much less gardening usage. Good luck.

What does that stuff look like? I've seen some ground cover that I like. Deep green leaves, not like an evergreen.
--Chamberlin
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:08:56 GMT, "evolutionman 2004"