Mulch

Would I have any problems mulching my vegetable garden (for weed control) with dry grass clippings from my compost pile? I would like to spread it on about six inches thick. Thanks

Do you treat your lawn?
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Not recommended for mulching directly. The grass forms mats which will prevent water from penetrating (especially at 6 inches thick). Also, any weed seeds contained in it will eventually propogate and defeat the purpose of weed prevention. If you also have applied weed killers/insecticides, these could be systemically in the grass and prevent your garden plants from growing. The best way to use grass clippings is to start a compost pile (ingredients/methods are available online or in most garden books). This will eventually turn those clippings into useful (fertile) soil/mulch which can be spread on later (about 1 year from now). Hope this helps.