mole

Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

IMHO:
You will have to discourage him from being in your yard.
1. Remove his food supply. Odds are you have a good supply of grubs compared to your neighbors. I've used milkyspore, and besides not having a dead lawn, the moves have moved away. Most of the time.
2. Remove the mole's desire to futher by smashing in his head. If you see him, use a shovel, but HD sells mole traps.
I'm not for option 2, since 1 worked for me.
later,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
A good clean sharp harpoon trap.
From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley
LUSTER43 wrote:

pour bleach into the hole. then pour ammomia into the hole. do not inhale this toxic mixture. this will create clorine gas which is heavier than air and will sink into the hole and kill the varmints in the ground never to be seen again.

what does chili peppers do for them?

Brings out their flavor, if you plan on BBQ'ing them. ;)
Seriously, I think the mole will just go around the whole that has the peppers in it.
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

not good enough, I want to murder them. ;)
gemplers.com has poison nightcrawlers that you put in tunnels.. works pretty well. lucas
On Mon, 8 May 2006 10:55:45 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Crud! I went looking for these poison NighCrawlers, but didn't see them. Are they fake nightcrawlers like for fishing, loaded with posion, or real ones?
Just curious...
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

By coincidence, I heard someone on a radio call-in show yesterday say that dried coyote urine (available commercially) can be scattered around mole tunnels. Supposedly, they will leave the area because they believe predators are present.
Note: I have never tried this, but it sounded interesting.
MaryL
MaryL wrote:

It's just another thing for rich yuppies to spend money on. It is expensive and certainly won't last after a rain.
Stubby said:

Actually, it's one of the most effective ways that there is, to keep garden pests (deer, rabbits, etc.) out of gardens,. Many studies have shown that. Odor-based repellents that act upon fear are the ones that get the best results.
For whitetail deer, studies have shown that bobcat urine is significantly more effective than coyote urine. Someone farther up in the thread joked about providing the repellant themselves. Actually, studies have shown that to be also effective, but much less so than coyote.
Coyote urine comes in both a liquid and a dried form (humans can't smell it, even the liquid).

How so? One doesn't need to treat the entire lawn, only the areas around the beds with the plants that are a food source for the pest. A 16oz container of the dried runs about $15, and a gallon [also comes in 8oz at about $20) goes for about $115. Considering a little goes a long way, and it's more effective than probably any other repellant, how is it expensive? I suppose it all depends on how much you'd like to keep your garden beds looking as you planned them, when you set out the plants/seeds.

There are dispensers that shelter the product from just such an occurance.
--
Eggs

-If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?