Mimosa...

I moved to my lot about seven years ago and had the property cleared. I seeded w/ grass and kept the trees that I wanted. I have a barrier of pine trees between me and my neighbor, with a few Holly trees in the mix. Last year a volunteer Mimosa tree sprouted. I pulled up the small tree, and thought, well, that is that... WELL, that was NOT that. It has come back again, this year....WITH FRIENDS. Many friends. I have pulled and cut back and they insist that this is their new home. It is not that I don't like the tree, however, I am not crazy about the mess that they make, you know, with the sap and all. The friends are moving into my yard, now, too. What will work on these guys? Round up? I have tried the "attach to hose and soak" method and it did not seem to bother them a bit, except that I watered them. Use concentrate? Please help. T.I.A Oh, if it makes a difference, I live in SE NC about 2 hours North of SC and 2 hours West of the Atlantic

Reply to
raizn4kids

My guess is there is a nearby tree whose seeds are being blown in your direction. Why not call your county agent for advice?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams