Looking for online lawn removal how-to..

Can someone recommend a good site which clearly details how to remove an established lawn and starting from scratch. Hopefully a site which has plenty of pictures for the illiterate. ;-)
thanks, paul

There's a tool called "The Inferno" sold at some home improvement stores. If you don't burn down the whole neighborhood using it, I can't imagine a lawn that could live through it. The chances of starting soemthing that you can't control are pretty grim, though. It's pretty dangerous.
--
Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon

Are you afraid of the chemicals? If not then it's a fairly simple procedure. Whack the whole thing with roundup. Give it a 2nd application in a couple of weeks. You then just have to get rid of the dead stuff.
Peter H
round up is WEAK !!!! after 4 applications on some quack grass, the Round-Up still didn't not work as expected...
Peter H wrote:

The patent rights on Round Up have expired and you can now buy it in generic form for much less. Kill All is the name of one generic product that is the exact equal of Round Up. There is at least one other, but its name slips my memory.

-- Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), Florida

Applied correctly, it's always done wonders for me.
As for removing the old grass once it's been killed, a sod cutter will make the removal so much easier that it would still be a bargain at twice the (rental) price.
steve

But then, you could just use the sod cutter and skip the chemicals. Removing the sod will take most of the weed seeds away, so you will end up with a much more weed free result than just using chemicals.
Bob