Lawnmower Problem

I have a problem with my lawnmower: My brother over filled the oil! (he is a mech engineer too...figures). He put about a quart into my mower when it only needed a ounce. I've drained the remaining oil, left it tipped overnight with the spark plug removed and the hole where it goes raised and when i try to start the mower the pull cord comes half way out and then becomes "stuck". Any ideas?
Mike Robinson wrote:

Andy writes:
You have oil in the combustion chamber. Take the spark plug out and pull the rope thru a few times. That will force the oil out.
You will need to clean the spark plug off . Dipping it in gasoline should dissolve the oil between the electrodes.
Then put the spark plug back and start the mower. There will be a LOT of smoke for a minute or so, then it will be OK.......
I had the same problem with a boat motor.... When there is a bunch of oil in the combustion chamber, the piston cannot go to the end, and it feels like some metal thing is stopping it.... Oil cannot be compressed any more than steel can.... The damage isn't permanent...unless you broke your starter rope.......and you can fix that....
Do not let your brother near any mechanical or electrical equipment. He is a hazard, and will cause you grief....... You should also acquaint him with the color and diversity of the English language....
Andy in Eureka, Texas

is a

drained
and
Hahaha I know its the running joke in the family. He is a mechanical engineer but has ZERO common sence when it comes to working on anything mechanical! Thanks for the advice, ive got the rope pulling now (no longer sticking) but still no fireing. I'm going to grab a new spark plug today.